Welcome!

****This blog is no longer updated at this address! Come check it out at http://thinkandgrowchick.com. All of the archives are available there as well****

This site is my online journal that documents my attempts to reach various goals inspired by the principles found in the book, Think and Grow Rich. Join me as I strive to meet financial goals, fashion goals, school goals, hair-care goals, and everything in between. I hope that other young women will relate and find my journey useful to read about; this blog is for me as much as it is for women seeking resources for personal development and freedom. To get a daily dose, follow me on twitter and facebook...and don't forget to follow my blog!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Years Hair...Planned 57 days Early...

Since I'm on kick about moving forward for the new year, it wouldn't be right if I didn't have at least one post about my more shallow desires...namely, my hair. When I first started this blog, I said I was bored with my cute but worn-out 'fro and I was on the ultimate quest to find something new. I still want to remain natural, but I gotta find something that (1) is a little more sleek and grown-up now that I've reached my 21st birthday and (2) will allow me to grow my hair out and keep it healthy.

Now that I've narrowed it down to a few looks I want to try and mastered the art of the "set it and forget it", I think I've got my game plan together. For starters, the haircut I will have by Jan 1, 2010 is....







The Heidi Klum!!! Now before ya'll get in a tizzy because I'm adopting a straight haircut, you must first understand the genius behind this hairstyle for a natural girl. Firstly, a sleek face-frame like this is perfect for people who go back and forth between curly and straight looks. The overall longer length of the hair keeps the hair from being too tightly coiled when curly; however, the layers in the front maintain the face-framing effect even when in an afro. In other words, "The Heidi Klum" when curly easily translates into...







The Tanika Ray!!! See? Two great hairstyles for the price of one haircut...

Now what's a fresh chop for the new year without some fresh color? I oscillate back and forth between dark hair and bright blonde all the time, but for this upcoming year, I think the verdict will be...




...golden blonde and reddish highlights a la Amerie and Eva Mendes. I think it'll really set off the haircut when worn straight or curly.

For all you divas living in the DC area, I plan on handing this transformation over to Salon Revive on U Street with Yodit, the head stylist there. She did a bang up job on my natural hair over a year ago, and I'm quite confident in here ability to give me my dream look for the new year.

Any of you ladies plan on channeling something brand new for the new year? Share your prospective hair transformations in the comment box below.





2 comments:

  1. so are you going to cut it when it's straight or are you going to wear it curly and then your stylist will cut it?

    i'm not sure how i should have my hair when i get it cut ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alaina B.—I actually couldn't go through with the cut, lol. I give an update on this post here: http://www.thinkandgrowchick.com/2009/12/new-years-hair-update.html

    ReplyDelete

 
ss_blog_claim=3bd2f4427f43f1386120f167118c739c